Thursday 24 June 2010

Space Chimps Review

Blast off for an out-of-this-world animated adventure the whole family will love! When Ham III, the grandson of the Space Agency's legendary chimpanzee astronaut, is recruited to help retrieve a lost space probe, he has a close encounter of the hilarious kind as he teams up with the lovely Lieutenant Luna and their by-the-book commander, Titan. But when the ship crash-lands on a strange planet, can this mismatched chimp crew work together to save the mission without driving each other bananas?

When I started to watch this film I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be "my cup of tea" because i've never really been that interested in space or other planets, although that said I do believe in life on other planets and aliens etc. I felt the start was rather slow and took me a little while to get into the story line, but I am putting this down to my negative vibes pre-film. As the film carried on and I got the plot, I started to fall in love with the characters, Kilowatt in particular. By the end of the film and the way it ended I thought hmm it would be good if they make another one to follow on, and it wasn't till about an hour before posting this review my friend informed me they have made the second one and it is already out on DVD, so I will be purchasing that and doing a review on it.

A good family film that leaves you wanting more

This film has been given the certificate U, universal, suitable for all.

*Contains infrequent mild scary moments.

  1. Bad
  2. Fair
  3. Good
  4. Very Good
  5. Excellent







No comments:

Post a Comment